20 September 2015

Six Weeks of Halloween 2015

  
BOOOOOOOOYYYYY.
September
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
October
            01 02 03
04 05 06 07 08 09 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

HALLOWEENTIME 2015.

The best time of the year is upon us once again! For me, that means lots of horror movies, apple cider, and cool strolls through leaf-strewn streets. Though, life is a little busier than normal lately, so I will forego my usual goal of a movie per day. Still, there should be plenty of time for:
  • Halloween on Halloween, like I've done since '99.
  • The Walking Dead, season 5. Once this hits Netflix, I'll catch up on Rick & company's adventures with the cannibals.
  • Freddy vs. Jason: The Chronocinethon: all 20 classic (and not-so-classic) slasher movies in the order they were released to cinemas. (R.I.P. Wes Craven and thank you for so much)
  • The usual assortment of incredibly crappy flicks I seem to torture myself with every year. I've got a load of movies due to arrive from Vinegar Syndrome which should fit the bill nicely.

Opening Today:
Six Weeks of Halloween the 13th!

4 comments:

  1. YES. And now the Halloween season can truly start! It's always super-exciting to see this blog come back on-line every 20th. I'm thinking about Halloween and autumn all year round but when the Six Weeks officially, my brain clicks over into all-Halloween, all-the-time mode. (I'm actually drinking some cider as I type this!)

    I'm really looking forward to the Freddy/Jaosn retrospective. Seems like its been a while since one has been done and it would be a good way to parse out all the odd directions those series went in over the years.

    Vinegar Syndrome is good people and I can personally attest to this, as I'm mildly friendly with the Hysteria Continues podcast who have done a few commentaries on some of their releases. So it's cool to hear you'll be looking at their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I walked around the Halloween sections of some stores yesterday, I felt so relaxed and comfortable. Damn, I love this time of year.

    As for VS - yep, I gave 'em money for their Indiegogo and finally got around to requesting my 4 free movies. Definitely looking forward to those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to be a great year. So happy to see both of you keeping the six weeks tradition alive. Looking forward to so many horror movies this year, going to be a good one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I can't imagine NOT doing the Six Weeks. It's such an intrinsic part of my holiday celebration now.

      Delete