08 October 2010

October 8th

Hidden (2009) directed by Pål Øie
I don't think I've ever watched a Norwegian film before.  I got a kick out of listening to the language.  It's supposedly the easiest language for an English speaker to learn and I can see why, given all of the cognates.  The rest of the movie, I didn't quite enjoy so much.  It's another one of those "is he crazy or not?" movies in which we're not sure if the killer exists only in the main character's head or not.  Unfortunately, the killer barely appears at all.  The movie seems to be mostly main character KK jumping at too-loud phone calls, finding inexplicable red balls and beating up a poor guy named Roy.  It's really not hard to determine that KK's nuts and the killer exists only in his mind, just from his weird behavior.  The movie's supposed to be an examination of KK's trauma from child abuse and his guilt from accidentally causing a fatal car accident, but I don't think it ever really comes together. (6/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment